The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, wide ranges of people visit the United Kingdom every year under different purposes as for sightseeing, studying, or even working.
For most people around the world, wanting to go to the US means that they need a visa. The reasons for wanting to go differ from just visits for tourism or business, working, studying, or permanently moving there.
The country attracts a wide range of people who have various goals and want to achieve “the American dream”. However, there are many barriers and one of them is getting a visa.
Apply for US Visa Application
To apply for a US visa you will follow a straightforward application procedure. The US visa application is done at a US Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence following these simple steps:
Check if you need a visa
Citizens of 39 visa waiver countries do not need to apply for a visa to the USA. To find out if you need to apply for a US visa, you can use this tool:
Choose the visa type
The second step of the US visa application is to choose the type of US visa that you want to get. Since there are differences depending on the type of US visa you want to get, you should pay extra attention to choosing the right type of visa to apply for.
Fill in Application Form DS-160
Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application is the US visa application form that you must fill out if you are applying for a US nonimmigrant visa. The form can be found online on the website of the US consulate from which you are applying.
You can fill the DS-160 form online through:
- the Consular Electronic Application Center, or
- by using the services of a third party company such as TravelAssist.
US Visa Requirements
Here are the required documents for a US visa:
1. An online nonimmigrant DS-160 application form. You can file the form DS-160 here.
2. Your valid passport. It must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in the United States. However, there are some countries that are exempt from this requirement only needing a passport that is valid during their period of stay in the United States. Your passport must have at least one blank page to be able to affix visa.
3. One photograph. The US visa photo requirement is one of the main requirements for every visa you apply for. Upload the photo while you apply online through the DS-160 form. If the upload fails, you can submit the photo on the appointment day. However, we advise you that, even if you upload the photo online, to still bring it with you in case you need it during the interview.
4. Receipt proving payment of $160 for a nonimmigrant US visa application. Differently from the European visa policy where you pay the fee at on the appointment day, for a US visa you need to pay the fee in order to be able to schedule an interview. Keep in mind that the US visa fee is non-refundable if you decide to cancel your appointment or if your visa application is rejected.
5. Social media details. A list of the social media that you use, and the name of your account in each, phone number, email and social media history of the five previous years.
Therefore, feel free to make your comment and contribution if you find any difficulty while on How to Apply for US Visa and we shall get back to you immediately. Meanwhile, you can also share page links on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it. Thanks.