Fulbright Scholarships – The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 155 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices.
The Fulbright Program for Foreign Students is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices.
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Please use the drop-down menu below to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
Objectives of Fulbright Scholarships Program
1. To promote institutional linkages between U.S. and your country universities and institutions.
2. To expose your country academics to the U.S. education system and standard research facilities for timely completion of their doctoral program.
3. To promote teaching and research as well as manpower development for your country’s higher institutions of learning.
4. To expose grantees to leadership skills and voluntary service with a view to sensitizing them to imbibe these values when they return home.
Eligibility Requirements for Fulbright Scholarships: To be eligible for a grant:
* Applicants must be citizens or nationals of ( your country ), or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of ( your country ).
* Applicants must be doctoral students and have the endorsement of their home institution.
* Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline.
* Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
* Applicants must meet a minimum score of 100 in the internet based TOEFL test.
* Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
* Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
* Applicants in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns.
As a consequence, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
Application and Instructions: The application and instructions can be found at
Therefore, feel free to make your comment and contribution if you find any difficulty while Applying for Fulbright Scholarships and we shall get back to you immediately. Meanwhile, you can also share page link on your social median accounts so that others can also know about it. Thanks.